CARE International Balkans is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking a qualified candidate for the potential position of Project Coordinator based in Mostar. The selected candidate will be part of CARE bid for the opportunity announced by the UK Government: CSSF Bosnia and Herzegovina: Improving public space and public discourse in Mostar.
The project should offer ways of achieving attitudinal and behavioural changes among different communities in Mostar so that they can better use public space and contribute actively to positive public discourse, helping to create sustainable and inclusive peace in Mostar as a microcosm of Bosnia and Herzegovina, providing hope and inspiration to the wider Western Balkan region.
The project should take a cross-community approach to building constituencies for peace. The Authority suggests a focus on one or more of the following themes: environmental issues as a connector, public service delivery and consumption, urban planning and use of public space, democracy and civic activism, cultural heritage, and use of “virtual” public space.
Estimated Project Duration: 3 years
Reporting to the Project Manager the Project Coordinator will assume delegated responsibility for the coordination of day-to day project activities in the field and maintaining continuous communication with local stakeholders and partners. S/he will be responsible for the provision of technical and administrative assistance to project partners including financial reporting and monitoring. Project Coordinator will support the process of sub-granting to local organisations by providing accurate and up-to-date information to potential grantees sub-grant on timing, criteria and donor and CARE sub-granting regulations. S/he will monitor the implementation of sub-grants and ensures compliance with the agreed criteria in coordination with Project Manager and Programme Support staff. S/he assists with organisation of trainings, events and study visit, provides support to engaged experts, communicates with project stakeholders and collects reports and other relevant information from the field. The Project Coordinator will be responsible to ensure compliance with the donor and CARE International rules and procedures, maintain project documentation filing system and generate content for the report.
- University degree/diploma in social sciences and humanities
- Minimum 3 years of (I)NGO project coordination level experience, preferably in coordinating project activities.
- Experience in cooperating with local authorities at different levels and understanding the governance systems and responsibilities at local and Cantonal level.
- Tact and diplomacy including experience in planning, negotiating, finding agreement and coordinating a range of stakeholders at state and civil society levels.
- Experience in monitoring sub granting schemes and contracts;
- Experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building to sub-granting partners in coordination with programme support staff;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in organising workshops and project events;
- Proven presentation skills and experience in project M&E;
- Excellent command of oral and written BHS and English language and excellent reporting skills, in English language;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Clean and up to date driver’s license;
- Personality and skills to work proactively and under tight deadlines and as part of a big regional team;
- Position is a conditioned by the approval of the project
- Position location in Mostar
- Reports to Project Manager
- Salary and benefits package in accordance with CARE International Balkans’ salary scale and commensurate with experience.
CARE International Balkans has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm or any fraudulent practice or behaviour. It is also committed to the protection from Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse, and Child Abuse – CARE International Safeguarding Policy, involving CARE employees and related personnel, representatives or partners.
Contract duration: 12 months with possible extension
Any interested candidates should forward their CV and a Motivation Letter in English language to the Human Resources Department at CARE International, Hasana Kaimije 11, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30th, 2021, 16:00 CET. No telephone enquiries please. Only candidates short-listed will be notified.DOWNLOAD PDF