CARE International Balkans is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking a qualified candidate for its Office in Sarajevo, BiH to fill the part time position of part time Communication Coordinator for its project “Future for You(th): Young people as Leaders of Life Skills Education in the Balkans” funded by the Austrian Development Cooperation as a part of the Young Men Initiative programming.
Building on the achievements from Young Men Initiative, in cooperation with 7 regional partner NGOs, the project will contribute to creating positive and peaceful societies for young people in Serbia, Kosovo, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina that embrace and promote gender equality and non-violence. The project emphasizes institutionalization and sustainability, working with ministries and quality assurance institutions for the accreditation of Program Y and integration of life skills education in national curriculums. It will expand its implementation by piloting the tailored programs in elementary schools and correctional institutions, strengthening the cooperation with pedagogical and teaching universities, and maximizing the use of online tools to ensure the continuity of the program in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CARE and partners will foster gender-transformative life skills education to become an integral part of education programs at schools and juvenile correctional institutions by equipping elementary and high schools and universities to effectively deliver and lead the implementation of CARE’s life skills program (Program Y) and support young people in their safe transition to adulthood. Furthermore, the project will pilot CARE´s life skills program tailor-made for youth at risk in juvenile correctional institutions (Program Y Plus) to prevent radicalization and contribute to re-socialization. All this will be sustained by mobilized communities which will take an active role in initiating the educational policy change, securing strong-er public voices for youth within the Future 4 You(th) movement previously initiated by CARE and by empowering governmental bodies to develop strategies to institutionalize life skills programming through multi-stakeholder consultation processes. In Kosovo, this project is widely known by its popular campaign Be a Men – Change the Rules.
Project Duration: 3 years
The Communication Coordinator will assume delegated responsibility in the field of communication of the Austrian Development Cooperation funded project “Future for You(th): Young people as Leaders of Life Skills Education in the Balkans” project within Young Men Initiative. Communication Coordinator will prepare, and conduct project communications needs assessments including proposals for elaboration of communications strategies; S/he will coordinate development and production of communications materials and manage their dissemination and maintain communication with designers and brand developers as well as partners organisations. S/he will ensure following of CARE, donors and project visibility guidelines and capacitate partners to follow them as well and is responsible to ensure compliance with the Austrian Development Cooperation and CARE International visibility rules and procedures. Communication Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the process of collection of partners communication inputs, articles on monthly basis and prepares project outputs for social media, websites and narrative reports; S/he is responsible for implementing Most Significant Change Methodology (collecting successful stories) and building capacities of partners including trainings and workshops as appropriate. As required, Communication Coordinator will contribute to development of new projects, support project team and participates in programmatic meetings. S/he is expected to travel occasionally to countries where project is being implemented and out of the region, if necessary.
- University degree/diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or similar humanities
- Minimum 2 years of experience in in communications, public relations, journalism; experience with working with civil society is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of content and social media management (editing and copywriting skills, including articles, reports, social media content, press releases) and proven experience in managing of social media, multi-media and digital platforms
- Understanding of the concept of engaging men and boys in gender equality promotion and understanding the gender (in)equality situation in Balkans is preferable
- Personality and skills to work proactively and under tight deadlines and as part of a big regional team
- Experience in project M&E. Preferably in collecting, developing and disseminating successful stories of project impact on individual and project level; Experience with Most Significant Change Methodology would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of WordPress is an asset.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with diversity and variety of stakeholders
- Excellent command of oral and written local and English language.
- Clean and up to date driver’s license and ability to travel frequently.
- Position location in Sarajevo/BiH
- Reports to Project Manager
- The selected candidate will be offered a one-year part time contract covering 20 hours per week.
- Salary and benefits package in accordance with CARE International Balkans’ salary scale and commensurate with experience.
CARE International Balkans has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm or any fraudulent practice or behaviour. It is also committed to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse – CARE International Safeguarding Policy, involving CARE employees and related personnel, representatives or partners.
Effective Date for the Position: ASAP
Any interested candidates should forward their CV and a Cover Letter in English language to the Human Resources Department at CARE International, Hasana Kaimije 11, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina or by e-mail to Human.email@example.com by June 15th, 2021.
No telephone enquiries please. Only candidates short-listed will be notified.DOWNLOAD PDF