Job Title: Grants Officer
Donor: European Union – EU
Implemented by: CARE International Balkans, Office in Kosovo
Place(s) of work: Prishtina
Contract Duration: 20 months (full- time job)
Expected start date: 15.04.2022
Date of the advertisement: 01.03.2022
Project Summary: CARE International Balkans, office in Kosovo, in partnership with CARE Deutschland e.V. is implementing the Kosovo Youth Participation – KYP project funded by the European Union (EU). The action that will be implemented by CARE as the lead applicant and SHL-Kosova, as co-applicant seeks to contribute to the active inclusion of civil society in Kosovo in promoting democratic values, inclusive governance and achievement of human rights and fundamental freedoms. The specific objective of the project is to foster democratic participation, civic engagement and social inclusion of different groups of marginalized youth in Kosovo. The project is expected to:
1) Increase the participation of disadvantaged youth in decision making, in local communities and on the central level, through: capacity building/awareness raising on human rights and activism; mentoring of youth groups for inclusion in local and national decision-making processes; local youth actions to improve the position of disadvantaged youth.
2) Enhance the engagement and employability of marginalized youth, in particular young women, through skills development and involvement in volunteering initiatives. The activities will include information campaigns, trainings for employment skills development (raising of employability of youth through trainings, internship and supported youth entrepreneurial activities), support to volunteering among the disadvantaged youth from rural areas and smaller towns.
3) Foster Democratic dialogue across Kosovo youth, fostered through raised awareness on and promotion of gender equality, solidarity, inter-cultural relations and counter stereotypes and dis-information, by: awareness raising and facilitation of debates; peer exchange; involvement in ongoing youth-led discussions in Kosovo.
Main tasks and duties:
In charge for daily implementation over the project grants scheme for raising of youth employability and activation – Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) and its documentation, its intense monitoring and evaluation of the results.
Provides administrative and technical guidance and support to grant recipients as follows:
- Analyses and evaluates proposals from potential grantees.
- Preparation of the terms and conditions and specific requirement for the grant recipients before they start implementation.
- Prepares subcontracts for grantees in compliance with donor and CARE regulations.
- Provide induction to the grant recipients immediately after signing the agreement.
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate grants management workshops for grantees to provide guidance on good grants management and on compliance with donor and CARE regulations.
- Record receipt of grantee reports, in the grants database.
- Contributes in validating payment requests to grantees according to KYP/CARE and donor policies and procedures.
Provide on-going grant administration and mentoring to grantees applicable to financial management of KYP funded projects and financial reporting.
Monitoring of the grantees during the project implementation phase.
Input and regularly update grants related financial data and overall progress into KYP grant tracking system. Coordinates and follows the implementation of the internship program of the On-Job-Training measure together with the partner organization SHL-Kosova.
Creates database and keeps record on the internship program, including documents of the intern, keeps track for the payments in the calendar.
Facilitates the Project Manager on day by day implementation of the project in the ground with the partner organization SHL- Kosova.
Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Education and qualification:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, financial management, economic development, or other related fields.
At least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Ability to administer and implement strong internal grant control processes, detail oriented.
Familiarity with grant management cycle.
Demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating and negotiating with local institutions and organizations, donors, other donor funded projects.
Excellent knowledge of the social, political and economic landscape in Kosovo and the Balkans as a whole.
Good analytical skills to successfully perform financial and programmatic reviews and other qualitative and quantitative analyses.
Familiarity with donors’ auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise basic financial oversight of grant programs.
High proficiency in MS Office, spreadsheets and database skills.
Proficiency in written and oral communications skills in: Albanian and English language, Serbian is an asset. Ability to independently prioritize and successfully perform assigned tasks.
Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently.
Interested candidates are invited to email their documents in English.
Please send ONLY your CV along with a Cover letter to: email@example.com by March 17, 2022 using in the headline the title of the Position. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.DOWNLOAD PDF