Donor: Austrian Development Agency-ADA
Women’s Economic Empowerment in Rural Areas of Kosovo-WEERA Project
Donor: Austrian Development Agency-ADA
Implemented by: CARE Österreich and CARE International Balkans, Office in Kosovo Place(s) of work: Prishtina
Contract Duration: 24 months
Expected start date: As soon as possible
CARE International Balkans’ office in Kosovo, in partnership with CARE Österreich is implementing the Women’s Economic Empowerment in Rural Areas of Kosovo-WEERA Project, funded by Austrian Development Agency-ADA. The action that will be implemented by CARE, will contribute to a more equitable and inclusive socioeconomic development in rural areas of Kosovo and enhance economic and social inclusion of Kosovo rural women by improving the competitiveness of their businesses and their civic participation capacity. The project is expected to contribute to the following results:
1. Women led rural businesses are equipped to introduce financially sustainable and environmentally sound solutions and improve their market position, through a competitive financial and technical assistance scheme
2. Women from rural areas are aware of their economic and social rights and provided with capacities and opportunities for active participation in local decision-making processes.
3. Wide recognition of the role of women in rural areas of Kosovo through promotion of project’s best practices and success stories
The project will be implemented in Kosovo, in rural areas of the districts of Pejë/Pec and Gjakovë/Djakovica. It will strengthen entrepreneur rural women leading rural businesses, include male family members in sensitization sessions and representatives of local women’s CSOs in advocacy. Local authorities, public institutions, value chain actors and financial institutions will be included in the promotion of women led agribusiness development and gender equality.
Main tasks and duties of the Project Manager:
- Ensure the overall project management, coordination and compliance and reporting, including the management of all WEERA project components;
- Monitor the ongoing project against results, quality control, technical support on gender and Women Economic Justice;
- Ensuring highest quality reporting, according to CARE and Donor’s standards and requirements;
- Liaise with other (I)NGOs and other parties involved in WEERA project activities;
- Liaise with the local representatives of the donor (ADA in Kosovo), local and central authorities, as well as other relevant stakeholders related to the WEERA project activities (Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development (MAFRD) and the Ministry of Economy;
- Within the hierarchy of CARE International Balkans, line managing and providing guidance to all involved WEERA project staff members and hired external consultants;
- Ensure appropriate financial management of the project.
Page 1 of 2
Education and qualification:
- University degree, preferably in agribusiness, business development, marketing or other related fields.
- Proven engagement in women inclusion projects, excellent knowledge of the gender inclusion issues, especially in rural areas of Kosovo.
- Good knowledge of agribusiness landscape in Kosovo.
- Experience in liaising with various stakeholders: local decision makers, government officials, institutional donors, private businesses etc. Specific professional experience:
- At least five years of work experience in the field business development and/or agribusiness projects in Kosovo
- At least five years of successful experience in managing donor funded projects (preference will be given to the candidates with experience in managing of ADA funded projects).
- Proven experience in gender inclusion and women’s economic justice.
- Proven experience of financial management, project planning and budgeting. Technical skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Language. Excellent oral and written communication skills in Albanian and/or Serbian language.
- Superb reporting skills, with proven experience in donors reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation and facilitation skills, a strong capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently; Strong relationship- building skills
- Evidence of strong analytical and planning skills, evidence-based reporting.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications. Please send ONLY your CV along with a Cover letter in English language to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11.09.2022.