Job Title: Project Coordinator
Project: Future for You(th): Young people as Leaders of Life Skills Education in the Balkans
Implemented by: CARE International Balkans, Kosovo office
Place(s) of work: Prishtinë
Contract Duration: 12 months
Expected start date: 15 June 2021
CARE International Balkans is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking a qualified candidate for its Office in Prishtine, Kosovo to fill the position of Project Coordinator for its project “Future for You(th): Young people as Leaders of Life Skills Education in the Balkans”
Building on the achievements from Young Men Initiative, in cooperation with 9 regional partner NGOs, the project will contribute to creating positive and peaceful societies for young people in Serbia, Kosovo, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina that embrace and promote gender equality and non-violence. The project emphasizes institutionalization and sustainability, working with ministries and quality assurance institutions for the accreditation of Program Y and integration of life skills education in national curriculums. It will expand its implementation by piloting the tailored programs in elementary schools and correctional institutions, strengthening the cooperation with pedagogical and teaching universities, and maximizing the use of online tools to ensure the continuity of the program in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CARE and partners will foster gender-transformative life skills education to become an integral part of education programs at schools and juvenile correctional institutions by equipping elementary and high schools and universities to effectively deliver and lead the implementation of CARE’s life skills program (Program Y) and support young people in their safe transition to adulthood. Furthermore, the project will pilot CARE´s life skills program tailor-made for youth at risk in juvenile correctional institutions (Program Y Plus) to prevent radicalization and contribute to re-socialization. All this will be sustained by mobilized communities which will take an active role in initiating the educational policy change, securing strong-er public voices for youth within the Future 4 You(th) movement previously initiated by CARE and by empowering governmental bodies to develop strategies to institutionalize life skills programming through multi-stakeholder consultation processes. In Kosovo, this project is widely known by its popular campaign Be a Men – Change the Rules.
The Project Coordinator will assume delegated responsibility for the coordination of this project mainly in Kosovo and Albania, but also support Project Manager for coordination of all project activities on regional level. S/he will direct and coordinate activities of the assigned project so as to further the attainment of its established goal and objective. S/he will coordinate the activities with the 3 local partner organizations in Kosovo and Albania and also per needs basis with other project partners in the region and will lead communication and cooperation with the relevant institutions in Kosovo and Albania. S/he will be responsible for all coordination aspects relating to the project including the provision technical and administrative assistance to project partners including financial reporting and monitoring. The Project Coordinator will be responsible to ensure compliance with the Austrian Development Cooperation and CARE International rules and procedures, maintain project documentation filing system and generate the highest quality project reports. S/he is expected to travel occasionally to countries where project is being implemented and out of the region, if necessary.
- University degree/diploma in social sciences and humanities
- Minimum 5 years of (I)NGO project coordination level experience, preferably in coordinating project activities dealing with youth and gender equality and violence prevention and life skills education;
- Experience in cooperating with educational institutions and understanding educational systems in the Kosovo and Albania, preferably understanding life skills education concept
- Tact and diplomacy including experience in planning, negotiating, finding agreement and coordinating a range of stakeholders at state and civil society levels.
- Understanding engaging men and boys in gender equality promotion;
- Experience in monitoring sub granting schemes and contracts;
- Experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building to sub-granting partners in coordination with programme support staff;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in maintaining social media and preparation of articles;
- Proven presentation skills and experience in project M&E;
- Excellent command of oral and written Albanian and English language and excellent reporting skills, in English language. Knowledge of Serbian language would be an asset;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Clean and up to date driver’s license would be considered as asset;
- Personality and skills to work proactively and under tight deadlines and as part of a big regional team;
- Position location in Prishtine/Kosovo
- Reports to Project Manager
- The selected candidate will be offered a one-year contract
- Salary and benefits package in accordance with CARE International Balkans’ salary scale and commensurate with experience.
CARE International Balkans has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm or any fraudulent practice or behaviour. It is also committed to the protection from Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse, and Child Abuse – CARE International Safeguarding Policy, involving CARE employees and related personnel, representatives or partners.
Effective Date for the Position: 15th of June 2021
Any interested candidates should forward their only the CV and a Motivation Letter in English language to Human Resources Department at CARE International in Kosovo by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 11th of May 2020 close of business.
No telephone enquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.DOWNLOAD PDF