Donor: European Commission
Implemented by: CARE International Balkans, Office in Kosovo
Place(s) of work: Prishtina
Contract Duration: 24 months
Expected start date: As soon as possible
CARE International Balkans, office in Kosovo, in partnership with CARE Deutschland e.V. is implementing the project Kosovo Youth Participation Project-KYP funded by the European Commission (EC). The action that will be implemented by CARE as the lead applicant and Students Helping Life Kosova (SHL), as co- applicant seeks to contribute to the active inclusion of civil society in Kosovo in promoting democratic values, inclusive governance and achievement of human rights and fundamental freedoms. The specific objective of the project is to foster democratic participation, civic engagement and social inclusion of different groups of marginalised youth in Kosovo. The project is expected to:
1) Increase the participation of disadvantaged youth in decision making, in local communities and on the central level, through: capacity building/awareness raising on human rights and activism; mentoring of youth groups for inclusion in local and national decision-making processes; local youth actions to improve the position of disadvantaged youth.
2) Enhance the engagement and employability of marginalised youth, in particular young women, through skills development and involvement in volunteering initiatives. The activities will include information campaigns, trainings for employment skills development (raising of employability of youth through trainings, internship and supported youth entrepreneurial activities), support to volunteering among the disadvantaged youth from rural areas and smaller towns.
3) Foster Democratic dialogue across Kosovo youth, fostered through raised awareness on and promotion of gender equality, solidarity, inter-cultural relations and counter stereotypes and dis-information, by: awareness raising and facilitation of debates; peer exchange; involvement in ongoing youth-led discussions in Kosovo.
Main tasks and duties of the Project Manager:
- Ensure the overall project management, coordination and compliance and reporting, including the management over the project grants scheme for raising of youth employability and activation – Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP)
- Monitor the ongoing project against results, follow the logic of the projects implicit Theory of Change, make sure that the provided Outcome can be achieved
- Coordinate and liaise with implementing partners SHL Kosova
- Liaise with other (I)NGOs and other parties involved in activities targeting youth
- Liaise with the local representatives of the donor (EUDEL in Kosovo), local and central authorities, as well as other relevant stakeholders related to the project activities
- Line managing the Grants Coordinator and providing guidance to all involved staff members
- Ensure appropriate financial management of the project.
Education and qualification:
- University degree, preferably in Human Rights, Sociology, Economic Development or other related fields.
- Proven leadership and management qualities in the area of youth and human rights
- Experience in liaising with various stakeholders, such as civil society, local decision makers, government officials, institutional donors, private businesses etc.
- Strong familiarity with project management in the field of human rights and youth projects
- Excellent knowledge of the social, political and economic landscape for youth in Kosovo
- Thorough understanding of the Theory of Change and working against results
Specific professional experience:
- At least five years of work experience in the field of human rights and youth projects in Kosovo
- At least five years of successful experience in managing donor funded projects (preference will be given to the candidates with experience in managing of EC funded projects)
- Proven experience in managing the schemes of financial support to third parties
- Proven experience of financial management, project planning and budgeting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Language. Excellent oral and written communication skills in Albanian and/or Serbian language.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation and facilitation skills, a strong capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently; Strong relationship-building skills
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications.
Please send ONLY your CV along with a Cover letter in English language to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30.01.2022