Including Women in Kosovo’s Agribusiness (IWKA) Donor: German BMZ – Engagement global gGmbH
Implemented by: CARE International Balkans, Office in Kosovo Place(s) of work: Prishtina
Contract Duration: 26 months
Expected start date: As soon as possible
CARE as the lead applicant in partnership with local organisations: Kosovo Women for Women and Civil Rights Program Kosovo is implementing the project “Including Women in Kosovo’s Agribusiness” IWKA, funded by German BMZ – Engagement global gGmbH.
The project IWKA – Including Women into Kosovo’s Agribusiness – Improving the Economic and Social Status of Women in Kosovo by Supporting Women-led Agribusiness aims at the empowerment of women at risk of poverty and female returnees through the acquisition of agricultural skills and the establishment of women cooperatives, in the target regions Prishtinë/Pristina, Graçanicë/Gracanica, Ferizaj/Urosevac and Junik.
The main project objectives (outcome) are:
- Women manage their own agricultural (micro) business and have improved their decision-making position within their respective families, their community and society.
- Advocacy: Kosovar society and political actors are sensitised to returnees’ gender-specific needs and risks and to the opportunities for women in the agricultural sector.
The direct target group of the project includes disadvantaged, vulnerable women in rural areas of Kosovo, some of whom are returnees from Western countries and many are members of the Roma community. CARE aims to develop a business plan with 120 women which will lead them to self-employment.
For a minimum of 80 women, CARE will provide in-kind support they need to establish their own (micro) agriculture business. This number of women will also receive training on agricultural production and start-up management. Thirty women will become members of a cooperative. CARE aims for at least 10% of beneficiaries to be female returnees.
Main tasks and duties of the Project Manager:
- Ensure the overall project management, coordination and compliance and reporting
- Monitor the ongoing project against results, quality control, technical support on gender and Women Economic Justice;
- Coordinate and liaise with implementing partners KW4W and CRPK
- Coordinates activities with similar activities undertaken by other organizations
- Establishes and reviews monthly work plans based on the project activities for CARE and local partners KW4W and CRPK
- Works with the project team/partners to track project progress in line to the objectives and work plan
- Ensure appropriate financial management of the project.
- Ensuring highest quality reporting, according to CARE and Donor’s standards and requirements;
- Liaise with other (I)NGOs and other parties involved in IWKA project activities;
Page 1 of 2
Liaise with the local representatives of the donor, local and central authorities, as well as other relevant stakeholders related to the IWKA project activities (Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development (MAFRD) and the Ministry of Economy;
Education and qualification:
- University degree, preferably in social science, business development, marketing or other related fields.
- Proven engagement in women inclusion projects, excellent knowledge of the gender inclusion issues, especially in rural areas of Kosovo.
- Good knowledge of agribusiness landscape in Kosovo.
- Experience in liaising with various stakeholders: local decision makers, government officials, institutional donors, private businesses etc. Specific professional experience:
- At least five years of work experience in the field of socio-economic development and/or agribusiness projects in Kosovo
- At least five years of successful experience in managing donor funded projects
- Proven experience in gender inclusion and women’s economic justice.
- Proven experience of financial management, project planning and budgeting. Technical skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Language. Excellent oral and written communication skills in Albanian and/or Serbian language.
- Superb reporting skills, with proven experience in donors reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation and facilitation skills, a strong capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently; Strong relationship- building skills
- Evidence of strong analytical and planning skills, evidence-based reporting.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications. Please send ONLY your CV along with a Cover letter in English language to email@example.com no later than 06.01.2023.