Within the project:
Enhanced social protection through building capacity of CSOs in BIH
Deadline for application: Monday 10th, May 2021, 15h
About CARE and the project
CARE International is a federation of international non-government organizations implementing its programs for fighting poverty and social injustice in more than 90 countries throughout the world. CARE’s aim in the Balkans is to ensure recognition and fulfilment of social, economic and political rights of the vulnerable and marginalized groups, thus contributing to sustainable peace in the region.
CARE’s project “Enhanced social protection through building capacity of CSOs in BIH” , implemented July 2019 – June 2021, is contributing to strengthening the weak social welfare, social protection, as well as access to rights and social inclusion for the marginalized and most vulnerable. Poor economic performance and high unemployment cause shocks in the country’s social welfare system which largely effects the socio-economic position of citizens, especially most vulnerable and marginalized. The state and non-state service providers are under-capacitated and underfunded.
The project seeks to protect the most vulnerable population and provide benefits for all BiH citizens. Hence the goal of the project is to professionalize and enhance mandate and role of civil society actors (CSOs) in Bosnia and Herzegovina by increasing their sustainability and building their capacity to provide services for marginalized and vulnerable population and by enabling them to actively participate in design and implementation of relevant policies. The project is implemented by CARE International, with vast experience in developing capacity of CSOs and advocating in cooperation with CSOs for various causes in BiH. By implementing the proposed activities, it is expected that capacity and better organisational management of 6 targeted CSOs in BiH will be strengthened (Expected Result 1); their capacity to provide relevant services for their target groups (TGs) and at national level will be improved (Expected Result 2) and they will have stronger advocacy position and improved policies in specific areas of their mandate (Expected Result 3).
The target organisations: Budućnost Modriča, Udruženje građana za promociju obrazovanja Roma “Otaharin”, Udruženje oboljelih od cerebralne paralize i distrofije Bosansko-podrinjskog kantona Goražde (UCPD), Maja Kravica from Bratunac with its cooperative Žena and Center for responsible democracy CRD LUNA from Rudo, run social enterprises with various occupations, employing marginalised target groups and at the same time funding their core activities from the business profit. The project Enhanced social protection through building capacity of CSOs in BIH is supporting sustainability of partners’ social enterprises and through these investments aims to add to their sustainability.
Purpose of the consultancy
CARE International is looking for a Consultant(s)/ organization/ company to support visibility of project activities by producing 5 short videos about the project support provided by CARE to CSOs and the development of their social enterprises.
The values that will be promoted are capabilities of women to be engaged in the entrepreneurship and innovative entrepreneurial models, such as social enterprises; specific social elements of the partners’ enterprises; general view on economic strengthening of women, who are unjustly neglected in business circles.
Target group for this consultancy are following CSOs, in their locations:
- Udruženje oboljelih od cerebralne paralize i distrofije Bosansko-podrinjskog kantona Goražde (UCPD) with their workshop Životna pomoć ltd located in Vitkovići industrial zone, Goražde;
- Budućnost Modriča, with their plantation of fruits in Kladari Donji;
- Otaharin Bijeljina, with their organic green house production of fruits and vegetables.
- Maja Kravica from Bratunac, with their cooling facility and new catering services.
- Luna from Rudo with their newly registered cooperative “Kreativna Vizija” with the orchard in Štrpci, Rudo.
Description of the Task
- Review of the documentation and inputs relevant for the project, provided by CARE;
- In communication with CARE Project Manager, formulating the main questions which would extract the main information, values and realised goals, as well as assigning the main project stakeholders who will take part in the interviews.
- Provide to CARE PM for approval the specified methodology for the production of videos with detailed plan of visits, questions of interest for CSOs, filming locations with the shooting timeline;
- Produce 5 original short videos, promoting the above-mentioned values, about the development of social enterprises of the partners inclusion of less employable marginalised citizens (unemployed women and youth, women victims of violence, Roma, people with disabilities, elderly population). The consultant/company will produce one video per each partner organisation (in the duration of 4 minutes each, in full HD, with royalty free, or original background music), suitable for individual, or group broadcasting;
- Uploading of the produced videos on CSOs and CARE websites in BIH and Austria, with subtitles in high quality German and English (the text for subtitles to be confirmed with CARE).
- Provide to the Consultant the project documentation relevant for the consultancy – initial and upon Consultant’s request.
- Agree on the work plan with the Consultant.
- Coordinate with the Consultant and the targeted CSOs throughout the consultancy period.
- Monitor the consultancy progress, assess the consultancy products.
- Provide logistical support to the Consultant necessary for the realization of the task (eventual travel costs for field work should be included in the Consultants’ bid).
- Undertake the payment upon successful job completion and adoption of the outputs.
The Consultant will be engaged for a total of 10 consultancy days, over the period 17.05.2021 through 25.06.2021 and until the completion of the named consultancy obligations.
|List of activities||Responsible||Deadline|
|Submission of the application and bid (electronically)||Consultant||10th May 2021|
|Contract signing, initial agreements on the consultancy plan||CARE, Consultant||17th May 2021|
|Consultation implementation||Consultant||17/05 – 20/06 2021|
|Consultancy Report deadline||Consultant||25th June 2021|
|Final payment (100% of contracted amount), not later than 30th June||Upon the approval of the Consultancy report by CARE|
The payment for the work defined in the Contract (which will be signed between CARE and the Consultant(s)) will be made upon the work completion and the final product delivered to CARE, with all the necessary documentation (report and time sheets, etc.) as per CARE’s administrative procedures.
The Consultant shall suggest a daily fee/rate per day in BAM. The Consultant should make a breakdown of costs in the budget part of the proposal-application and include different envisaged activities and types of costs (travel related costs should be included into the budget, if any). The Consultant is required to make the daily work report in accordance with CARE Balkans policies (i.e. through daily time sheets, which will be provided by CARE).
Description of the consultant’s requirements
The Consultant/s must comply with the following requirements:
- Strong proven experience in in multimedia, marketing and production of the promotional video materials, with at least 5 years practice.
- Rich references/recommendations for the related work and portfolio with examples of past similar experiences. Knowledge and readiness to utilise innovative methodologies in the design of video materials and campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of latest trends in promotional video campaigning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender equality issues and their implications to (agricultural) business development, as well as of social entrepreneurship.
Additional requirements (desired):
- Experience from previous involvement in the similar development projects.
- Demonstrate experience and provide references/examples on successfully conducted social marketing/social media/branding campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of local languages, ability to provide subtitles in the highest quality of German and English.
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this consultancy and should submit:
- Appendix 1- identification form (provided by CARE)
- Current CV and references of relevance to this consultancy
- Bid (financial offer)
Interested candidates are invited to apply to the following address:
CARE International, Balkans, Hasana Kaimije 11, 71000 Sarajevo,
or to the e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 10th May 2021, 15h.
The received applications will be evaluated against the below stated criteria:
|REFERENCE /HISTORY (experience in similar work)||METHODOLOGY / APROACH (appropriatenes for the task)||KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS (specific for the task)||FUNDS (value for money)|
We thank to all applicants for their interest. Only those who are to be selected will be contacted. For any additional information concerning the application, please contact:
Branislav Tanasijevic, Project Manager
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Sarajevo, 26th April 2021.DOWNLOAD PDF