Within the project:
Enhanced social protection through building capacity of CSOs in BIH
Deadline for application: Tuesday 25th May 2021, 15h
About CARE and the project
CARE International is a federation of international non-government organizations implementing its programs for fighting poverty and social injustice in more than 90 countries throughout the world. CARE’s aim in the Balkans is to ensure recognition and fulfilment of social, economic and political rights of the vulnerable and marginalized groups, thus contributing to sustainable peace in the region.
CARE’s project “Support to CSO social service providers in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, implemented July 2019 – June 2021, is contributing to strengthening the weak social welfare, social protection, as well as access to rights and social inclusion for the marginalized and most vulnerable. Poor economic performance and high unemployment cause shocks in the country’s social welfare system which largely effects the socio-economic position of citizens, especially most vulnerable and marginalized. The state and non-state service providers are under-capacitated and underfunded.
The project seeks to protect the most vulnerable population and provide benefits for all BiH citizens. Hence the goal of the project is to professionalize and enhance mandate and role of civil society actors (CSOs) in Bosnia and Herzegovina by increasing their sustainability and building their capacity to provide services for marginalized and vulnerable population and by enabling them to actively participate in design and implementation of relevant policies. The project is implemented by CARE International, with vast experience in developing capacity of CSOs and advocating in cooperation with CSOs for various causes in BiH. By implementing the proposed activities, it is expected that capacity and better organisational management of 6 targeted CSOs in BiH will be strengthened (Expected Result 1); their capacity to provide relevant services for their target groups (TGs) and at national level will be improved (Expected Result 2) and they will have stronger advocacy position and improved policies in specific areas of their mandate (Expected Result 3).
The target organisations: “Budućnost” Modriča, Udruženje građana za promociju obrazovanja Roma “Otaharin”, Udruženje oboljelih od cerebralne paralize i distrofije Bosansko-podrinjskog kantona Goražde (UCPD), “Maja Kravica” from Bratunac with its cooperative “Žena” and Center for responsible democracy CRD “LUNA” from Rudo, run social enterprises with various occupations, employing marginalised target groups and at the same time funding their core activities from the business profit. The project Support to CSO social service providers in Bosnia and Herzegovina is supporting sustainability of partners’ social enterprises and through these investments aims to add to their sustainability.
Objectives of the consultancy
CARE plans to engage external trainers/experts in the field of marketing/branding, to determine the current needs of the five targeted CSOs and their respective social enterprises and provide them with concrete business advisory to boost the sales of their products.
The consultation on the subject of marketing/branding should achieve the following concrete results:
- Examination, through filed visit meetings with each of the targeted CSOs, of the current level of development and production parameters of CSOs’ ongoing cooperatives/social businesses, with the purpose of recommending the needed marketing/branding tools/tasks to increase selling of their products (at least two suggestions per CSO).
- Communicate and confirm with BIH buyers, their willingness to purchase CSOs products.
- Support five CSOs with direct contact to potential buyers of their products at the BIH market (at least two per CSO).
Description of consultant’s requirements
The Consultant/s (individual/organisation/company) must comply with the following requirements:
- Relevant university degree of the consultants in business development, marketing, economy, or similar field.
- Excellent knowledge and minimum 5 years of previous documented consulting experience in branding/marketing support to (social) enterprises in a light of support of selling their products at the BiH market.
- Excellent knowledge of the business environment, especially for SMEs operating in field of agriculture, cooperatives and producers, in Bosnia and Herzegovina (both entities).
- Good understanding of the idea, aims, principles and expected results of social entrepreneurship. Proven knowledge of concept and principles of women’s and social entrepreneurship and its practical benefits for society, as well as of the BIH legislature regulating this field (kindly submit references/recommendations on the experience in supporting women and social entrepreneurship).
- Extensive experience in working with civil society organizations, in particular on the topics of cooperative and social entrepreneurship and economic empowerment.
- Understanding of gender equality issues and its implications to business development.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local languages.
Additional requirement (desired):
- Experience from previous involvement in similar activities.
- Review of the documentation and inputs relevant for the project, provided by CARE.
- Assessment of needs of the targeted CSOs’ social enterprises for marketing/branding improvements and market positioning, through field visits and direct meetings with CSOs’ staff.
- Delivery of list of potential BiH buyers suitable for networking with the targeted CSOs. Finalisation of these recommendations and organising physical meetings in between companies and targeted CSOs in communication and agreement with CARE Project Manager and CSOs coordinators.
- Provision of the consultancy report to CARE Project Manager (in English, up to 8 pages), containing information on:
- Short depiction of the consultation process;
- Particular branding/marketing recommendations for CSOs’ needs for better positioning at the BiH market and selling of their products;
- Practical networking with potential buyers, negotiations, fulfilling buyers demands;
- Proof of products sold to buyers and recommendations for future production.
All consultation outputs for CARE should be written English. The Consultant will ensure excellent quality of the written language.
- Provide to the Consultant the project documentation relevant for the consultancy – initial and upon Consultant’s request.
- Agree on the work plan with the Consultant.
- Coordinate with the Consultant and the targeted CSOs throughout the consultancy period.
- Monitor the consultancy progress, assess the consultancy products.
- Provide logistical support to the Consultant necessary for the realisation of the task (eventual travel costs for field work should be included in the Consultants’ bid).
- Undertake the payment upon successful job completion and adoption of the outputs.
The Consultant will be engaged for a total of 16 consultancy days, over the period 1.06.2021 through 30.07.2021 anduntil the completion of the named consultancy obligations.
|List of activities||Responsible||Deadline|
|Submission of the application and bid (electronically)||Consultant||25th May 2021|
|Contract signing, initial agreements on the consultancy plan||CARE, Consultant||1th June 2021|
|Consultation implementation||Consultant||1/06 – 30/07 2021|
|Consultancy Report deadline||Consultant||2nd August 2021|
|I Instalment (25% of contracted amount), not later than 1st July||Upon the report approval by CARE for reviewing recommendations for branding/marketing improvements and buyers, confirmed by BIH CSOs ,|
|Final payment (75% of contracted amount), not later than 10th August||Upon the approval of the Consultancy report by CARE|
The payment for the work defined in the Contract (which will be signed between CARE and the Consultant(s)) will be made upon the work completion and the final product delivered to CARE, with all the necessary documentation (report and time sheets, etc.) as per CARE’s administrative procedures.
The Consultant shall suggest a daily fee/rate per day in BAM. The Consultant should make a breakdown of costs in the budget part of the proposal-application and include different envisaged activities and types of costs (travel related costs should be included into the budget, if any). The Consultant is required to make the daily work report in accordance with CARE Balkans policies (i.e. through daily time sheets, which will be provided by CARE).
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this consultancy and should submit:
- Appendix 1- identification form (provided by CARE)
- Current CV and references of relevance to this consultancy
- Bid (financial offer)
Interested candidates are invited to apply to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 25th May 2021, 15h.
The received applications will be evaluated against the below stated criteria:
|REFERENCE /HISTORY (experience in similar work)||METHODOLOGY / APROACH (appropriatenes for the task)||KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS (specific for the task)||FUNDS (value for money)|
We thank to all applicants for their interest. Only those who are to be selected will be contacted.
For any additional information concerning the application, please contact:
Branislav Tanasijevic, Project Manager
Sarajevo, 11th May 2021.DOWNLOAD PDF