CARE International is a federation of international non-government organizations whose vision is a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. The organization is implementing its programs for fighting poverty and social injustice in more than 100 countries throughout the world. CARE has been active in the Balkans region since 1993. Over the years, CARE’s program has expanded from mainly emergency interventions undertaken during the nineties and developed to meet the changing needs of the region’s vulnerable population. Its aim in the Balkans today is to ensure social, economic and political rights of vulnerable and marginalized groups are recognized and fulfilled, contributing to sustainable peace in the region. CARE’s work in the Balkans revolves around the two programme strategies: social and economic inclusion and gender equality.
CARE is currently implementing the project “Supporting a More Competitive and Sustainable Agriculture in North Macedonia”, funded by the State Chancellery of the German State of North Rhine-Westphalia. The overall goal of the project is the achievement of a higher sustainability of the agricultural cooperative movement in North Macedonia.
Within the project, a general understanding and awareness of competitive and sustainable agriculture is to be improved among certain stakeholders – existing agricultural cooperatives, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management (MAFWE) and the umbrella organization of agricultural cooperatives Macedonian Association of Agricultural Cooperatives (MAAC). The overall objective of sustainable agriculture consists of three outputs:
Op 1: the cooperative movement is strengthened in its scale and scope around taking over societal responsibility for environment protection
Op 2: Identify and improve law obstacles and burdensome procedures for the admission of new members into agricultural cooperatives.
Op 3: Improve the value chains for agricultural products.
Aims and objectives
In its Strategic Plan for 2021-2026, MAAC has identified a need for trainings on marketing for their Management Board, as well as for their members.
Responding to these needs, CARE is looking to engage the consultant(s) proficient in the field of digital skills, to design and implement a Digital Marketing Training for Macedonian Association of Agricultural Cooperatives and its members and provide Agricultural Cooperatives, members of MAAC, with skills to increase visibility of their operations and products to the potential clients.
The training will be focused on expanding and intensifying the usage of digital marketing within MAAC and its cooperative members, to increase beneficiaries’ reach. The two day training will be held in person.
As the final output of the training, it is expected that each participant should gain competencies to effectively attract new customers, to maintain a relationship with their existing customers and to encourage profitable actions!
The two day Digital Marketing Training will target 15-20 representatives of MAAC and agricultural cooperatives responsible for communications activities inside their organisations and dedicated to increasing the online visibility of their activities at the regional, national and international levels.
The assignment will have two specific goals:
- Design and delivery of a two day training on digital marketing for the representatives of Macedonian Association of Agricultural Cooperatives and their members.
- Provision of the Final Consultancy Report to CARE.
In order to accomplish the requested consultancy, the Consultant will conduct the following tasks:
- In communication with CARE’s Project Manager, prepare a detailed work plan for the named consultancy.
- Regularly consult with CARE’s Project Manager during the entire consultancy and agree on the main points of work.
- Deliver a two days training for up to 20 participants
- Prepare the Consultancy Report (3-5 pages) in Macedonian language.
- Hand-over to CARE the entire original quantitative and qualitative data documentation generated for the purposes of the consultancy, upon the final report acceptance by the CARE Project Manager and prior to the payment.
- Provide to the Consultant the documentation relevant for the consultancy – initial and upon Consultant’s request
- Coordinate with the Consultant throughout the consultancy period, on the finalisation of the detailed consultancy plan, consultancy implementation and achievements.
- Logistically organise the training and invite participants.
- Review the project outputs, including the Final Consultancy Report and coordinate payment terms and undertaking.
The consultancy will be done in constant communication with CARE Project Manager with support from project team. The training in digital marketing will be organised in a participatory manner, with utilisation of interactive training tools and using practical examples which should engage participants in direct learning. Participants should leave the training with knowledge about concrete digital tools applicable for their agro-businesses.
The Final Consultancy Report will be the subject of CARE’s revision.
Scope of work:
The consultant will have one day for preparation and reporting and two days for training delivery.
Schedule and logistics
The Consultant will be engaged from 1st to 3rd of March 2022 for a maximum of 3 working days.
The payment for the work defined in Contract will be made upon the work completion and after the Final Consultancy Report has been approved by the CARE Project Manager, with all necessary documentation attached, as per CARE’s administrative procedures (the consultants’ time sheets and other required documentation).
The Project will provide logistical support to the Consultant for the named consultancy in terms of meals, accommodation, transportation, invitation to the participants.
The Consultant shall suggest a total fee for the entire consultancy in MKD, in gross amount. The offered price/bid should include all costs, including taxes and related costs of the bidder.
Management and organization
The Consultant will report to Mr. Dragan Perić, CARE’s Project Manager.
The Consultant (Key Short-Term Expert) must comply with the following criteria:
- Relevant University degree for the named consultancy.
- At least four years of professional experience in online communication and digital marketing; proven experience in consultancy on the said topic to third parties.
- Excellent knowledge and previous documented consulting experience in delivering trainings on digital marketing and similar; usage of participatory and practical learning methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal knowledge of Macedonian and English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates are invited to apply and should submit:
- Current CV in EU format (kindly present only the relevant experience);
- Bid (financial offer).
Via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 23rd 2022, 12 PM, with a title:
Application for the position: Short-Term Expert for Provision of training on digital marketing
References need to be provided upon request. Only the candidates with a suitable offer will receive a confirmation of receipt of their application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.DOWNLOAD PDF