Who We Are
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people.
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
We seek a world of hope, inclusion, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
Our mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world. Drawing strength from our global diversity, resources and experience, we promote innovative solutions and are advocates for global responsibility. We facilitate lasting change by:
• Strengthening capacity for self-help
• Providing economic opportunity
• Delivering relief in emergencies
• Influencing policy decisions at all levels
• Addressing discrimination in all its forms
Guided by the aspirations of local communities, we pursue our mission with both excellence and compassion because the people whom we serve deserve nothing less.
CARE in the Balkans has, since 1992, has been active in programming related to:
• Return of refugees and displaced persons
• Local economic development and good governance
• Civil society development
• Gender Equality, violence prevention and combating human trafficking
• Minority and human rights
• Emergency response
We put women and girls in the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
This Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our Core Values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EXCELLENCE, and EQUALITY, which serve as a foundation for all that we do.