CARE International Balkans today awarded two Youth-Led Businesses and three NGOs with sub-grant contracts in a total amount of 40,000 EUR.
Today, on 31 October 2022, CARE, awarded two Youth-Led Businesses and three NGOs with sub-grant contracts in a total amount of €40,000.
The five sub-granted entrepreneurial activities are expected to achieve the following results:
- Create direct opportunities for youth employment
- Undertake on-the-job training to increase the managerial skills of the involved youth
- Ensure the sustainability and longevity of the supported entities (registered businesses/NGOs).
The five beneficiaries selected for funding of €8,000 are:
- Jakova Innovation Center with the project “STEP UP”
- Print Zone SH.P.K with the project “Expanding business to employ girls”
- Shoqata e Paraplegjikëve dhe e Paralizës së Fëmijëve të Gjakovës – Handikos Gjakova with the project “We can too”
- Shqiponjat e Dardanës with the project “Inclusive support for young girls entrepreneurs”
- EEM Group SH.P.K with the project “Accounting office – financial, tax, and accounting services”
In addition, the sub-grants are distributed under the Financial Support to Third Parties scheme of the Kosovo Youth Participation project. Also, the CARE’s KYP project is implemented in cooperation with the local partner SHL – Kosova. This project is enforced in the frame of the EU program Participatory democracy and youth engagement.
This project is being implemented with the support of the European Union (EU) Office in Kosovo.
Therefore, CARE under the FSTP scheme within the KYP project will support and offer more opportunities for youth aged 15 – 29 years. Respectively, 15 Local Actions Aimed at Improving the Position of Youth with a total amount of €15,000.
Furthermore, training Programs for Raising Skills Employability for 50 young people with a total amount of €20,000; and Paid Internship Program for 50 young people with a total amount of €75,000.